Virtual Reality technology has for decades been exploited to illustrate complex industrial proposals, but is now ready for application in IT systems. The idea is the same - show how a new capability will fit into its environment and meet its operational demands.
At Level Seven Visualizations we make Support IllustratedTM, a generator of Virtual Reality hyperlinked scenes (worlds) from xml resources. These scenes are "immersive" visualizations for complex technology configurations. Your stakeholders - internal and external as your needs dictate - can easily travel and surf inside the world to very quickly find what they are after. Moving in 3D allows the user to keep the architecture in view while moving to greater levels of detail. It is not just a web, in which a page goes out of view every time one comes into view.
To create your world, we discuss your audiences along with technical and organizational architecture to determine the best allocation of spacial dimensions (plus layers plus animations) and symbology (shapes, colors, zoom detail) to the subject matter. We then generate the scene using the Support Illustrated TM scene generator. the resulting world can be visited as a standalone scene. In 2015 the VR scenes will be viewable from all HTML6-compliant web browsers.
You can maintain your scene configuration using any xml editor and invoke the online SI transform tool in order to regenerate your scene whenever you wish. In addition to your 3D world you can also generate Generate 2D HTML poster for support staff linking to troubleshooting and remedy procedures for any component, or very sharp PDF product data sheets for sales support purposes.
The SI symbology and features are extremely extensive. The focus is on controlling the scene while you are moving around in it at runtime. Features include but are not limited to the following:
- Selectable layers that can be used to illustrate technology evolution phases
- Quick toggling through planning, implementation, testing, and operational perspectives
- VCR controls for protocol animations
- Surfng to other scenes or to conventional html resources
- Museum-style Audio narrations for components of interest
- Sequences of spatial viewpoints - for presentations or "tours".
- Unfolding from a 3D world to a 2D timeline of important events by component - such as delivery schedules
- Linking to identities of support staff by component
- Progressive materialization of details as you travel closer to things
Two of the most powerful applications of Support IllustratedTM are the areas of "Solution Sales and Procurements" and "Application Support Intranet". We have described these application area sin more detail in the articles available at left.
To find out how well SI can represent your complex systems in virtual reality, please call us at (919) 757-2329.